Eat Well … "food for thought" on sensible eating
Small meaningful changes are more effective, and last longer, than quick dramatic ones that your mind and body reject. (Do you agree? We thought you would!)
Over the next months, we'll talk about low-glycemic eating, sensational salads, power smoothies, supplements for women over 40, what to pack in your lovely lunchbox, our yummy food favorites, dining out suggestions, and so much more.
We wholeheartedly appreciate topic suggestions for all three strands of our website … Eat Well, Play Hard, and Hug Often. If you have a short video that fits our upbeat informative style, kindly submit it. We want to build a community of contributors! xo
Eat Well videos to enjoy:
Chocolate Protein Pudding (1 min.)
Chocolate Protein Pudding is a perfect pick-me-up snack to combat that afternoon slump.
Pumpkin Seed Flatbread(3.5 min)
Chef John from FoodWishes.com makes pumpkin seed flatbread… like pizza!
Combating Colds: What Works? (3 min.)
Natural cold remedies recommended by the Mayo Clinic
Easy Lentil Soup (2 min.)
Guest Chef: Alia
EASY LENTIL SOUP
• 1 cup of red lentils
• 1 tomato – diced
• 1 carrot – peeled and diced
• 1 onion – chopped
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon of salt + 1/2 teaspoon of cumin + 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (spiced to be adjusted to taste)
• 1 liter of water (4 cups)
1. Add all the ingred. to a pan, add 1 liter of water, cover the pan and cook for 30 min. on medium heat.
2. Once the lentils are soft and the veg. are cooked, transfer the soup to a food processor (or blender) and puree until soft consistency.
3. Bring back the soup to the pan, adjust the spices to your taste, and cook for another 15 minutes without covering the pan.
4. Serving: Serve the soup hot. Enjoy!______________________________________________________________________________________________
Super Kale To The Rescue! (2 min.)
Syd shares the benefits of kale.
Dr. Andrew Weil: Healthy Eating ( 2 min.)
Dr. Andrew Weil’s healthy eating plan, from his new book “Spontaneous Happiness.”
Oven Roasted Asparagus (Easy, Yummy)
Chef Kirk Leins from NoTimeToCook.com shows us an easy way to make a yummy vegetarian dish with only 3 ingredients. Great for “first time” asparagus cooks!
Meatless Mondays (1.5 min.)
Guest presenter: Northern Kentucky Wellness Center
Quinoa 101 (4 min.)
Guest Presenter: Dani Spies CleanAndDelicious.com
Fabulous, down-to-earth info & cooking directions about my favorite grain, quinoa. (It’s full of protein!)